Monday, April 29, 2013

Hyde Park and Seek: Photographic Proof That I Went to the University of Chicago (at least for a day as a tourist)

I had a very nice day yesterday with my mom in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood, home to the University of Chicago.

Below is a photo recap, covering:
  • Robie House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright - We took a tour but interior photos were not allowed
  • Rockefeller Chapel
  • Oriental Institute Museum
  • Smart Museum of Art
  • Various sights around campus, including Henry Moore's Nuclear Energy sculpture
Robie House





Charles Harper Center, across from Robie House
Rockefeller Chapel



Above the entrance to the Oriental Institute




My Mummy with a Mummy
Who knew I was a god? Of course, my artifact was among the smallest in the museum.


Inside the Smart Museum of Art
Soldier at a Game of Chess by Jean Metzinger, French, circa 1915-16

The original dining room table & chairs from Robie House, now at Smart Museum.
Nuclear Energy by Henry Moore, at the site of the world's first self-sustaining nuclear reaction


No comments: