Wednesday, September 03, 2014

NFL Preview 2014: What Seth Saith Will Happen...I Guess

I have always been a football fan--much more of the NFL than college--though the extent of my fandom has largely consisted of watching and following the Chicago Bears. And the Super Bowl. Which have mostly been mutually exclusive.

Sometimes I throw away money in weekly football pools, but I have never played Fantasy Football, rarely watch regular season games in which I have no rooting interest and would be hard-pressed to name many players beyond the big stars and members of the Bears.

So I can hardly think of anyone less-equipped to make NFL predictions with any degree of expertise and acuity.

But last season, rather than bother with a Football Picks Post on Seth Saith, I simply threw up a couple guesses on Facebook.

And glory be, I was exactly right. The Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl and the Bears finished 8-8.

So now I feel obliged to offer up a slightly more comprehensive football forecast prior to the 2014 NFL Season kicking off Thursday night in Seattle with the Seahawks taking on the Packers.

Mind you, my predictions will not be accompanied by any expert analysis, as I don't pretend to possess any, and unlike my other "football" (i.e. soccer) forecasts, I couldn't loop in any friends that do.

So if you need intelligence with your NFL predictions, refer to ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Yahoo Sports,
your local newspaper or myriad other outlets.

But, as surprise teams seem to spring up every year, chances are many "expert" picks will wind up being just as wrong as mine.

So without further ado, here are my, um, guesses for the divisional standings, conference champions, Super Bowl Winner and league MVP:

NFC North
Packers 
Bears 
Lions 
Vikings

NFC East
Giants 
Eagles 
Cowboys 
Redskins

NFC West
49ers
Seahawks 
Cardinals
Rams

NFC South
Saints
Bucs
Falcons
Panthers

NFC Wild Cards
Seahawks
Bears -> record: 9-7

NFC Champion
Saints

AFC North
Ravens 
Steelers 
Bengals 
Browns

AFC East
Patriots 
Dolphins
Jets 
Bills

AFC West
Broncos
Chiefs
Chargers
Raiders 

AFC South
Colts
Jaguars
Titans
Texans

AFC Wild Cards
Chiefs
Dolphins

AFC Champion
Colts

Super Bowl Champion
Saints over Colts

NFL MVP 
Andrew Luck

No comments: