Saturday, April 30, 2016

Sensational Saxophone: A Spotify Playlist in Honor of International Jazz Day

For as long as I can remember, I have loved to make compilation albums. Or, in old school parlance, mix tapes.

And, new school, playlists.

My days of filling Maxell, TDK and Memorex cassettes disappeared with the advent of CD-Rs, but at some point I put together a disc of great jazz saxophonists for one of my nephews. I even put together some cover art utilizing images of wonderful jazz paintings by Bruni Sablan, simply for personal use.

The artwork isn't mine to replicate here, but noting that today is International Jazz Day, I was able to find all the tracks to compile into the Spotify playlist below. Obviously there is a lot more music by each of these artists to be found on Spotify, YouTube, etc., and info at AllMusic.com and Wikipedia. But for now, please enjoy:

Sensational Saxophone

No comments: