Monday, December 15, 2014

A Few Photos From the Rafters as the Blackhawks Extinguish the Flames on December 14, 2014

Last night I attended my first Blackhawks game of the 2014-15 season and just my second of the year.

As the last one was outdoor in the snow and freezing cold, despite having a wonderful time at that one (photos here), I couldn't be too chagrined at having Standing Room tickets for Sunday's game against the Calgary Flames.

And things turned out as well as they could have.

I found a free parking space on the street, I was able to sit in an empty seat right in front of the standing room area and--after going down 1-0--the Hawks came back to win 2-1 with an exciting goal by Brandon Saad with about 7:00 left in the game.

As usual, I took a lot of pictures. I was using a Canon point-and-shoot with an 18x zoom lens, but not only was I quite far away, I abstained from taking photos when anything exciting seemed to be developing.

Still, thanks to a good multi-shot feature on my camera, I wound up with a few photos that came out pretty well. If for no reason other than to justify having taken them, here is a selection:
















No comments: