Friday, January 13, 2017

Ours Go to 11: Volume 22, Albums That Made an Impression as a Teenager

There's been a viral Facebook query going around, asking to:

"List 10 albums that made a lasting impression on you as a teenager, but only one per band/artist."

Nobody tagged me to do a list, and I'm not big on continuing chain posts, but I liked the question so thought I'd answer it here.

I presume I could choose older albums I first discovered as a teen, but I'll keep my choices to albums released between October 15, 1981 and October 14, 1988 for which I had the most real-time affinity (as best I can recall).

And of course, my list goes to 11.


Albums That Made the Biggest Impression on My Teen Self:
(Not necessarily in ranked order; only includes albums released during my teen years)

1. Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
2. The Joshua Tree - U2
3. Pyromania - Def Leppard
4. Let's Dance - David Bowie
5. Scarecrow - John Cougar Mellencamp
6. Life's Rich Pageant - R.E.M.
7. Purple Rain - Prince & the Revolution
8. State of Confusion - The Kinks
9. Blackout - Scorpions
10. Appetite for Destruction - Guns 'N Roses
11. Pleased to Meet Me - The Replacements

Plus A Few More

Asia - Asia 
Reckless - Bryan Adams 
5150 - Van Halen 
So - Peter Gabriel 
The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby & the Range 
Back in the High Life - Steve Winwood 
Centerfield - John Fogerty 
Out of the Cellar - Ratt

No comments: