Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's good to have Jack back saving the world

24 is my favorite show on television. It was my favorite show of the '00s and is one of the very few shows ever on TV of which I've never missed an episode.

Although it is somewhat formulaic--an impending crisis threatens the world and Jack Bauer must stop it, all within 24 hours without ever taking a potty break--for the first 7 seasons, some better than others, the writers have always managed to keep me engaged and actively looking forward to the subsequent episode. And though the new season is only 4 hours in, after the Sunday/Monday 2 hour "special event" before it settles in on Mondays at 8pm Central, it already has me hooked.

Let's just hope Kiefer Sutherland manages to keep himself out of trouble.

No comments: