Monday, April 01, 2013

Genuine Baseball Picks that May Appear April Foolish

Do not, I repeat Do Not, take this to the bank, or worse, Las Vegas.

To wit, I recently filled out an NCAA Tournament bracket as part of a friend's work pool. Out of 12 entries, I am dead last. I think someone's dog beat me.

And while my 2012 Baseball Predictions didn't turn out to be a complete disaster--I correctly called 4 of the 8 playoff teams, plus the AL MVP and Cy Young Winners (as well as Andrew McCutcheon who came in 3rd in NL MVP voting)--I did pick the Philadelphia Phillies to win the World Series over the Tampa Bay Rays.

Neither made the playoffs.

So although I love baseball, I am in no way an expert and don't follow day-to-day action nearly as closely as several of my friends.

But that--and the fact the 2013 season actually started last night, with the now-in-the-American-League Houston Astros beating the Texas Rangers--won't stop me from posting...

Seth Saith's Fearless Baseball Predictions for 2013

American League East   

1. Tampa Bay Rays
2. Toronto Blue Jays
3. Baltimore Orioles
4. New York Yankees
5. Boston Red Sox

American League Central

1. Detroit Tigers
2. Kansas City Royals
3. Chicago White Sox
4. Cleveland Indians
5. Minnesota Twins

American League West

1. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
2. Oakland Athletics
3. Texas Rangers
4. Seattle Mariners
5. Houston Astros

Wild Cards: Blue Jays and Orioles
AL Pennant Winner: Tigers
AL MVP: Mike Trout, Angels
AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander, Tigers
White Sox Record: 83-79

National League East   

1. Washington Nationals
2. Atlanta Braves
3. Philadelphia Phillies
4. Miami Marlins
5. New York Mets

National League Central

1. St. Louis Cardinals
2. Cincinnati Reds
3. Chicago Cubs
4. Milwaukee Brewers
5. Pittsburgh Pirates

National League West

1. Los Angeles Dodgers
2. San Francisco Giants
3. Arizona Diamondbacks
4. Colorado Rockies
5. San Diego Padres

Wild Cards: Braves and Reds
NL Pennant Winner: Nationals
NL MVP: Matt Kemp, Dodgers
NL Cy Young: Stephen Strasburg, Nationals
Cubs Record: 78-84

World Series Winner: Detroit Tigers

No comments: