Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Splendiferous Day of Natural Beauty: Photos of Colorful Trees, Recuperating Birds and a Sleeping Turtle

One of my favorite things about living in Glen Ellyn--a western suburb of Chicago--for 12 years from 1995-2007 was my proximity to the Morton Arboretum.

I would only go, at most, once a year and almost always in late October, when the leaves on the trees represented a kaleidoscopic symphony across the color spectrum.

So, now living in Skokie, it was a pleasure to convince my friend Ken to take a ride out to DuPage County to visit the arboretum (officially in Lisle) on Saturday.

Afterward, I took him into Glen Ellyn, to see where I used to live and to stop by the Willowbrook Wildlife Center, which I also have long enjoyed.

We also ate at another longtime favorite of mine, the Seven Dwarfs Restaurant in Wheaton. I'll spare you a picture of my Francheezie, but here are several photos from the Morton Arboretum and the Willowbrook Wildlife Center.























All photos by Seth Arkin, copyright 2014. Please do not repost without permission, or at least attribution.

No comments: