Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Films of 1999, or at least the ones I saw (a.k.a. stuck on a bus for 8 hours)

I'm presently stopped in Toledo, waiting for the Greyhound I took out of Cleveland--after seeing my beloved Cubs play in two World Series games against the Indians--to resume its approx. 8-hour trek to Chicago.

Thinking about the Chicago Film Discussion Group's next Lunch Meetup this Sunday--normally I'd include a hyperlink but can't on the Blogger app--on the topic of The Films of 1999, I decided to make a list of those I've seen (as best I can recall; I used the Wikipedia page on "1999 in Film" as my point of reference).

Anyway, this certainly won't make for the most scintillating blog post, and I can't add any graphics from the road, but some planning to attend Sunday's Meetup may enjoy perusing my list.

All the Movies From 1999 That I've Seen

10 Things I Hate About You
8mm
American Beauty 
American Pie
Analyze This
Any Given Sunday
Anywhere But Here
At First Sight
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
The Bachelor
Being John Malkovich
Big Daddy
The Blair Witch Project
The Bone Collector
Bowfinger
Boys Don't Cry
Bringing Out the Dead
Brokedown Palace
The Cider House Rules
Detroit Rock City
Dogma
Double Jeopardy 
Drop Dead Gorgeous
Ed TV
Election
Entrapment
Eye of the Beholder
Eyes Wide Shut
Fight Club
For the Love of the Game
GalaxyQuest
The General's Daughter
Girl, Interrupted 
Go
The Green Mile
Holy Smoke
The Hurricane
The Insider
(not Magnolia)
Man on the Moon
The Matrix
The Mummy
The Muse
Notting Hill
Office Space
Payback
Pushing Tin
Runaway Bride
She's All That
The Sixth Sense
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
Summer of Sam
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Tea With Mussolini (I think)
The Thomas Crown Affair
Three Kings
Toy Story 2
Two Girls and a Guy
The World is Not Enough

My Favorite 11

1. Fight Club
2. The Matrix
3. Being John Malkovich 
4. The Insider
5. Toy Story 2
6. The Sixth Sense
7. American Beauty
8. The Hurricane
9. Notting Hill
10. Boys Don't Cry
11. The Green Mile

Plus a few more 
The General's Daugher
Girl, Interrupted 
10 Things I Hate About You
Man on the Moon
Eyes Wide Shut
Election
Analyze This

No comments: