Friday, April 28, 2017

Creature Feature: Capturing Critters at Crabtree Nature Center

The other day I had lunch in South Barrington with a couple former colleagues at Sears Holdings Corp., and afterward I wound up checking out the Crabtree Nature Center in Barrington Hills.

I used to drive past the entrance on my way to work, when I would take Willow/Palatine Rd., but its hours never accommodated a visit.

Until now.

The vast preserve supposedly has some wildlife, and many bird species, though most of the creatures I saw and photographed were actually in a Visitors Center or cages nearby.

The cages made photography a challenge with just a point'n'shoot, but I think some of these are fun.













All photos by Seth Arkin, copyright 2017. Please do not repost without permission and attribution.

No comments: