Sunday, December 23, 2018

The Best of 2018: My Favorite Songs of the Year -- A Spotify Playlist

Anybody who sees my post of The Best Rock Concerts I Attended in 2018--or most other years for that matter--will likely think, "Boy, he likes a bunch of old rock bands."

Which isn't incorrect. I do.

I still love rock music, and listen to it daily.

But I can count on two hands the number of rock acts I've really cared about that have arisen in this century, and on just one those from this decade.

Yet I rather constantly--and quite vociferously at year-end as research for lists like this and Best Rock Albums--try to catch wind of new artists, albums and songs that prove that rock really is still alive, in an ongoing sense.

And I also attempt to find some stuff a bit beyond my wheelhouse.

Different than most of my other year-end Best of 2018 lists, my selection of Favorite Songs isn't presented as a ranking, but rather as a playable Spotify playlist. It is sequenced to hopefully make for pleasant listening, without qualitative delineation.

You can play the songs through the interface below, but can also find/bookmark the playlist online through the URL:

SethSongs2018.us

And should you happen to care, past yearly playlists of favorite songs can be found by clicking each year: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014

Enjoy.

My Favorite Songs of 2018



No comments: