Friday, March 26, 2010

He Brought Music Into Greater Focus

Jim Marshall
Music Photographer
1936-2010

I didn't know the name Jim Marshall--well, not as a famous rock photographer, only as the Minnesota Viking with the wrong-way touchdown--but I've certainly seen many of his photographs over the years. So in seeing on RollingStone.com that he passed away this week, I've just looked at many of his iconic photographs, a few through the Rolling Stone piece (reprinted from Marshall's latest book, Trust) and many more on Marshall's own in-depth website, MarshallPhoto.com.

If you love rock 'n roll, as well as Jazz, Country, Soul and other musical forms, I suggest you take a look at some of Jim Marshall's remarkable pictures through the links above. I've taken the liberty to copy a few of my favorites to post below. As I said, I really didn't know of Jim Marshall until he died, but he certainly had a gift for capturing some of music's greatest icons, often in very unique fashion.

No comments: