Monday, March 01, 2010

No, I was not asked to run for Lt. Governor


Because I once again designed the flyer, invitation and program cover for the Democratic Party of DuPage County's annual Presidents' Day Gala (below), I myself was invited to the event, which took place Saturday night at the Drury Lane Oakbrook.

It was a nice event and I enjoyed seeing several old friends from my years living in DuPage, plus a few current, prospective and former political marketing clients. And it certainly says a lot about the strides the Dems in DuPage have made--and its importance to the party, locally and nationally--that not only were Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, Attorney General Lisa Madigan and Treasurer/Senate candidate Alexi Giannoulias in attendance, this wasn't even my first time meeting most of them.

It was also nice hearing them speak, although perhaps not as long as they did. Given that most others in the room paid $100 per person to attend a Democratic Party dinner, the stump speeches could've been tailored back a bit, IMHO. Similarly, I found special guest speaker, Stephanie Miller, a liberal radio host from a Republican family, to be relatively engaging, but a bit too long-winded as well.

So be happy I didn't post video. But as I said, it was a pleasant evening, and yes, I am still available to fill the Lt. Governor vacancy.

No comments: