Monday, September 27, 2004

Play Like Champs, Not Chumps.

Far be it from me to predict doom, and on paper the Cubs should still be the front runner to be get into the playoffs as the National League wild card, but I don't like what I'm seeing on the field or off. They continue to play and act like a bunch of idiots. This morning's Tribune quotes Moises Alou as saying the umps are "after me." You stupid baby, like that's going to help things. Just hit the damn ball, perhaps take the bat off your shoulders. And stop blaming Chip and Steve while you're at it. And Sammy, ever think about breaking out of your slump by just trying to make contact, go to right field, get base hits, instead of swinging from your heels and missing every damn time. That game Saturday was a killer -- they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, blowing a 3 run lead in the 9th -- and then they laid down and died Sunday, again to the lowly Mets playing for a lame duck manager. Believe me, I still want the Cubs to win, and I think they can, but they are certainly making it harder to root for them.

No comments: