Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Favorite TV Shows of the '00s

While all of my Decade Lists are strictly my own opinions, with heeding to critical mass never an objective, I do feel a bit sheepish in citing My Favorite TV Shows of the '00s, as here I am vastly out of step with critical opinion, many of my friends and the general public.

Although I certainly watched a fair amount of television this decade, somehow I just didn't choose to watch, didn't sufficiently enjoy or couldn't watch (for lack of Showtime, etc.) any of the following (guess there's always DVD and On-Demand):

Lost, The Wire, The Shield, The West Wing, Mad Men, True Blood, CSI (any version), The Office (US version), Law & Order (any version), 30 Rock, Sex and the City, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Dexter, American Idol, Amazing Race, Dancing With the Stars, Survivor (or any competition-based reality show), Two and a Half Men, Everybody Loves Raymond, ER (this decade), Family Guy, Six Feet Under, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Entourage, Monk, Weeds or Battlestar Gallactica, Arrested Development

And if there's anything else you loved that isn't on my list below, chances are I didn't watch it either. So what the hell did I watch and like? Here's what I liked best in the '00s (I'm only including prime time shows, so no Daily Show, Colbert Report or Letterman):

1. 24
2. Friday Night Lights
3. Alias
4. Everwood
5. Friends
6. Ed
7. The OC
8. Gossip Girl
9. Smallville
10. Curb Your Enthusiasm

Honorable Mention:

The Sopranos
House
The Osbournes (first 2 seasons)
American Dreams
Chuck
Scrubs
The Office (UK)
The Simpsons
How I Met Your Mother
Numbers

No comments: