Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Favorite Cards That I Made in the '00s

Most of My Favorite....of the '00s lists have, directly or indirectly, celebrated the creativity of others. But as someone who enjoys being creative myself, I have posted my favorite photographs, professional creations and now, greeting cards. Yes, greeting cards.

I cannot remember the last time I gave someone a store-bought card, save for a condolence card or two. Since my early 20s, I have made annual holiday cards, as well as cards to celebrate birthdays, births, weddings, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and more.

While I have tried to save a copy of each card I made, I haven't always done so (especially of birthday/going away cards for work colleagues over the years). So what's below really represents My Favorite Cards That I Made in the '00s Which I Remember and Have Available to Show. (I've never tried to sell my cards, as most are either one-of-a-kind or violate copyright laws. Still I maintain the copyright on all concepts and wording shown.)

Click on each image to enlarge it.

1. This and the next one are what I'll call Topical Stream of Puns cards. I have several more similar ones, which I'll put below the Honorable Mention rather than fill up the top 10 with one theme. I'm not sure who I originally gave this Art Card to; perhaps my friend Wendy.


2. Beatles Card - This was a birthday card for a huge Beatles fan I used to work with


3. My best friend Jordan has probably been the recipient of more of my cards than anyone else over the years. My all-time favorite for him precedes the '00s--I replicated the Sgt. Pepper's album cover with images of him--but I think this was my favorite for him this decade.


4. This was a pretty simple concept for Mother's Day one year, but I think I did a fairly good job with the Photoshopping, even if the punch line wasn't all that great.


5. I could really only find about 5 of 10 year-end Holiday Cards, but I think this one was my favorite. From 2002, after a trip to Italy that year.


6. Also created for Jordan, this was from 2006, when a whole lot of stupid things seemed to be happening.


7. Most of my cards for my nephews and niece have featured a big, funny photo of them, without much Photoshopping. This one of Jacob from 2004, when he turned 6, is one of my favorites.


8. A birthday card for a friend who was constantly too busy.


9. A birthday card for my Mom, who is a pretty active theatergoer.


10. A simple concept for my brother-in-law Howard, but the photo made it work.



Honorable Mention:







Be sure to notice my sister Allison on this one:













Additional Topical Stream of Puns Cards:















No comments: