Friday, December 18, 2009

My Favorite Websites of the '00s

Not limited to sites that debuted in this decade, these are the websites I found most useful, enjoyable and/or beneficial (I'll exclude Hotmail from contention):

1. My.Yahoo.com - Although I greatly prefer Google's search engine, maps & much else, MyYahoo has remained my home page throughout the decade and is vital for providing a daily snapshot of what's going on in the world.
2. Google.com
3. Wikipedia.org
4. YouTube.com
5. Backstreets.com - A great online Springsteen fanzine
6. Facebook.com
7. Amazon.com
8. AllMusic.com - Awesome for looking up almost any artist in any genre
9. IMDB.com
10. Pollstar.com - A database of concert dates for all artists, everywhere

Honorable Mention:

Playbill.com
CNN.com
ChicagoTribune.com
HotTix.org
Ticketmaster.com
RogerEbert.com
Newseum.org/TodaysFrontPages (also Kiosko.net)
Pandora.com
Yelp.com
411.com
WolfgangsVault.com/Concerts
Baseball-Reference.com
ESPN.com
SI.com
Meetup.com
Setlist.fm
OpenTable.com
Thesaurus.com
XE.com/UCC (currency converter)
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
GoMusicNow.com
Pogo.com (free online Scrabble & other games)

No comments: